Cambridge District Striking Competition - Little Eversden Saturday 10th June starting at 10.30.
This is intended to be an inclusive, fun and relaxed event to bring together ringers of all abilities. However, there needs to be some "rules" so that everybody has an idea of what they are doing. There will be two classes - teams competing for the traditional Cambridge District Ivan Ludbrook Trophy and a Fun Class for anyone who wants to come along for some fun and to improve their ringing. The Trophy class will have slightly more demanding rules.
- 1. Trophy Class bands must be made up of ringers who are representative of their tower either for Sunday Services or practice nights.
- 2. Ringers may ring for more than one team.
- 3. Learners can be assisted if required.
- 4. Teams will draw lots for order of performance. Any alteration to the ringing order must be in agreement with all other team captains.
- 5. Teams can ring 120 rows of rounds, call changes or any method. Trophy Class Bands must ring either call changes with a minimum of 12 calls or method.
- 6. Each Team will have 5 minutes to practice.
- 7. To signal when they are ready to start a Team should ring two whole pulls on the treble.
- 8. The Judges will then mark the ringing as follows:
- a. Method Ringing - Marking starts when the Team goes into changes. Up to 10 whole pulls of rounds can be rung before the start to settle the Team down.
- b. Rounds/Call Changes - Marking will start after 10 whole pulls and continue for 120 rows.
- 9. Judging is to be based on the number of faults accrued. No account is made for method complexity.
- 10. Prizes will be awarded to the best Trophy Class Band and for the best method, call change and rounds bands.
- 11. The Judges decision is final, in the event of any procedural disputes the President is in charge!